This profile describes the processing rules of a Metadata Aggregator; a component that fetches SAML V.2.0 Metadata from multiple input sources over HTTP, merges the metadata and publishes the result set of metadata.
Version 0.4: September 7th 2010:
Based upon input from Lukas Hämmerle and Mikael Berglund, I’ve put together a new revision of the Basic Metadata Aggregation Profile, version 0.4.
- Adding XML notation section
- Used term normalization instead of optimalization, regarding XML namespace processing
- Fixing typos
- Adding Mikael Berglund to contributors
- Removing revision history appendix. Handled out of band.
Version 0.3: August 16th 2010
Based upon input from Brook Schofield, Mikael Linden and others, I’ve put together a new revision of the Basic Metadata Aggregation Profile, version 0.3.
Improved layout on section 2, aggregator configuration statement.
Adding contact information in configuration statement (section 2)
In section 2, adding information about:
- Default Extension Processing Policy, and
- Default RoleDescriptor Processing Policy
In section 2, adding new parameters:
- Minimum Required Validity of Input Entities
- Minimum Validity of Output Entities
- Maximum Signing Interval
In section 4.1, adding information about HTTP access, such as mime type and redirection. Added more information about HTTP access in section 4.6.
Adding text about signing interval in seciton 4.6.
XSLT appendix removed.
Changed and added parameters to B. Example Aggregator Configuration Statement
Added more participants to the list.